Last update: 02 January 2021
This page informs you of the policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information received from users of the Site (https://frenchsavvy.com).
This policy can be updated at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up-to-date with the latest changes, it’s advised for you to frequently visit this page.
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Third-Party Embedded Functionalities
- Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries
- Your Choices
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to the Site
We collect information you provide directly through the Site. For example, you share information directly with the Site when you fill out a form, submit or post content through the Site, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, display name, username, email address, your content, including your avatar image, photos, posts, responses and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
In some instances, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on the Site, such as when you fill-out a form, post comments or read the Site’s content.
- Device and Usage Information: Information are collected when you are about to access the Site, including data about the approximate location of a visitor’s device from the IP address in order to have Site Stats.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from social networks and data analytics providers. Additionally, if you create or log into the Site with an account through a third-party platform (such as Apple, Facebook, Google, or Twitter), we might have access to certain information from that platform, such as, but not limited to, your name, lists of friends or followers, birthday, and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer reading preferences based on your reading history.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use appropriate means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve the Site. We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you support messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Site;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in the Site;
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We share personal information with other users of the Site. For example, if you use the Site to publish content, post comments or send private notes, certain information about you will be visible to others, such as your name, photo, other account information you may provide, and information about your activities on the Site (e.g., recent posts or responses).
- We share personal information with service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, storage, and other infrastructure, analytics, security, and communications.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. If we are going to disclose your personal information in response to legal process, we will give you notice so you can challenge it (for example by seeking court intervention), unless we are prohibited by law or believe doing so may endanger others or cause illegal conduct. We will object to legal requests for information about users of the Site that we believe are improper.
- We may share personal information if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights of users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
THIRD-PARTY EMBEDDED FUNCTIONALITIES
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
The Site service provider can be located in the United States and other countries. Therefore, the Site and Site’s service provider may transfer your personal information to store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. Site’s service provider can process personal information in various data center locations across the globe.
Data Subject Information
You may access your information in the Site’s possession at any time upon request through contact form. Please note we may continue to retain certain information about you as required by law.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of the Site.
You may opt out of receiving certain communications from the Site after you decided to subscribe, such as newsletters and activity notifications, by following the instructions in those communications or through your Settings page.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of the Site. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
If there are any questions, feel free to leave a message through contact form.